Sarolta's Personal Blog

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Introduction

My name is Sarolta ("S" is pronounced as "Sh" in Shelley) Godnic Vicic and I come from Korte, a little village in the coastal region of Slovenia, Europe (time zone: GMT+1).
I'm an ESP teacher at TURISTICA - College of Tourism in Portoroz. I like teaching and I like working with young people. Although I find teaching English for tourism challenging and rewarding, I keep looking for new ideas and approaches that would make my teaching more efficient and my students more active.
I'm interested in discourse analysis, corpus-based methods, problem-based learning, teaching writing and CALL.
I've joined the group because I'd like to learn more about using blogs and wikis in EFL classroom contexts.
I've tried creating a blog. It wasn't difficult. I've played in a Wiki sandbox. No big deal. However, making blogging a meaningful activity to students has so far proved to be an impossible task for me. So I really hope that by the end of these six weeks I'll have developed a deeper understanding of blogs and wikis, which will in effect help me engage my students in activities that would help them improve their writing skills in English.

1 Comments:

  • Hi Sarolta,

    You certainly have your work cut out for you; I'm very curious to see what's coming and wish you only the best.

    Slovenia's blogging community is still very small.. see here for a nearly complete list, many of them inactive or ailing. I don't think anyone has set up one for educational/pedagogical purposes, so you're probably charting new waters. (Which is always nice)

    I'm guessing that by ESP you don't mean Extra-Sensory Perception? Hm. I'm not sure what it is, although I'm assuming the "E" is for English..

    By Blogger Michael M., at 10:59 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home