Sarolta's Personal Blog

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Friends and friendships

I was in Ljubljana a couple of days ago and went for a walk down a street where I used to love to walk as a student. However, the houses have changed, the students I met seemed terribly young. Still the chesnut trees were as beautiful as ever. The trees reminded me of a friend, Andreja, who lives now in Australia. I called her but her phone was dead. She probably moved house and forgot to let me know about it.
I decided to find her. The Internet wasn't very helpful, but eventually I managed to find her brother's telephone number in the online directory and he gave me hers.
When I heard Andreja's voice, it felt so good. She didn't change. It was as if time didn't go by. We were both glad to hear each other.
It's such a pity when we allow losing contact with a friend. It happened this January that a childhood friend of mine died. Just like that. We used to meet every day sharing our stories and secrets for years. She got married first and had children. I found work in another part of the country and moved house. Then I fell in love and had children too. We saw each other from time to time. We both knew we kept the other in the heart. We promised to find time and visit each other. Have a long talk. And then she was gone. I miss Marjetka a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home