Sarolta's Personal Blog

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Report on my first week

Task 1
I’ve opened an account at Blogger.com. That was easy. However, I had difficulties with posting my picture. It turned out that users of Mozilla can’t see all the details of either blogger backgrounds or photos. My husband, who knows a lot more about computing than I ever will, told me the reason for the letter could be the fact that photos are stored elsewhere. I had no difficulties with Microsoft’s Internet Explorer. In order to be friendly towards Microsoft incompatible people (I’m one of them) I chose a template Mozilla has no difficulties with. However, I still don't know hoe to format my paragraphs: I'd like to add a bit of space between them.

Task 2
I posted my introduction to the group as my first entry. Probably because I personally have difficulties matching the details from participants’ introductions with their personal blogs. I hope this will help. I am trying really hard to picture you all as real people.

Task 3
I’ve managed to open an account in Blog EFL/ESL wiki and added my Blogger URL.

Task 4
I joined Group 1. I’ve read the majority of the articles from the extensive list our tutors suggested. I sent a single entry though, but I am planning to send more.

Task 5
I attended the Tappedin session with Ann. I’d never been to a chat room before. At first it felt just like racing a car in my sons’ computer games (everything went so fast).
I had difficulties when logging in. I was in my office at the college and the firewall on the college server didn’t allow me to do what I wanted. A frantic rush followed when I was trying to find the technician. I was lucky and managed to participate. I got a personal message from Aleyandra. Thank you very much. However, I couldn’t answer it. This is something I still have to learn.

2 Comments:

  • You have been busy this week! Imagine what you will do nextt week!

    It is good to read your blog. I look forward to future posts.

    By Blogger Nancy A. McKeand, at 2:34 am  

  • Hi Sarolta,
    Way to go...you are here in blogosphere and posting fast and furious ;-)
    By the end of the course you will become an expert.
    Have added you to the photoroll...check it out.
    Looking forward to reading you.
    As for the pictures...we will be seeing more of it during week 4.

    By Blogger Bee, at 10:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home